Dundas County Annual Hike for Hospice

0
63

Join the Dundas County Hospice throughout May for Hike for Hospice: Virtual Hike 2.0. The Hike for Hospice Palliative Care is a national fundraising event held on the first Saturday in May across Canada. This is the second year that Dundas County Hospice has gone online with their hike in order to continue with their fundraising efforts. Hike where and when you walk. Snap some pictures of yourself in action. Send the pictures to the Hospice, and they will share them online through their website and Facebook. Visit dundascountyhospice.ca to find a pledge message you can share with your family and friends, as well as a printable sign to let people know that you’re Hiking for Hospice. There is a prize for the most money raised: one for kids 15 and under, and another for adults.

Dundas County Hospice is a non-profit organization. The Government of Ontario, through the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, provides 55% of the funds needed by the Hospice. The other 45% is obtained through fundraising and donations. The Hospice provides a variety of services to anyone suffering from a life-threatening or terminal illness. Hospice staff and volunteers provide free, in-home, non-medical care and support to clients and their families. Many services have gone virtual, but contact is still maintained through phone or video, complementary therapies are still being provided by qualified professionals, caregiver and bereavement support is still being held online or by phone, and equipment loans are available.

Pledges must be in by May 31. Online pledges can be made through CanadaHelps.ca. You can mail cheques to Dundas County Hospice, 4353 CR 31, PO Box 278, Williamsburg, ON, K0C 2H0. Etransfers can be sent to info@dundascountyhospice.ca. Call the Hospice at 613-535-2215 with any questions.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here